3.25.2006

Unblogging

So,

I gave up non-work-related net browsing for lent. The idea was to give myself more time to get my job done, less distraction at lunch so I can finish those books I've started, and to see what it feels like to give up something that I really like doing.

Well, halfway through this experiment and I must say that the results are mixed. On the one hand I feel like I don't have enough time to get everything done. I can't stay caught up on Modis or planning emails, or research that green tip I'm writing for the newsletter. On the other hand, I am so far ahead at work, its amazing what I have time to do. No more crazy scrambling to meet deadlines. I'm calm, organized, and in the know about what I'm doing. This is good.

The worst time for me is about 4:30 after I have finished everything I needed to work on that day, but I still have 30 minutes to kill. What do you do with 30 minutes? Use to be I'd surf my friends' blogs, or post here, or play a short game. Now, I find that I use the extra time to build relationships with my coworkers. A good replacement I think.

25 days down, 21 days left. There is still time for me to come out of this period a more focused, less dependant woman of god.

No comments: