2.13.2006

Values

As I'm working through getting Mosaic's green ministry off the ground, I'm realizing that I need to make a list that is as comprehensive of my values so that I can make decisions about what I need to cut, or add, etc to my schedule. Here goes:
1) Green - being environmentally responsible, being fair, voting with my dollars, leaving less of a foot print, enjoying God's creation, not arbitrarily wasting it, etc.
2) Spriritual growth - part of my calling as a christian is to continually move forward; this involves being involved in a group that encourages discipleship and accountability. this involves me attending some sort of church gathering on a regular basis.
3) Family - family is extremely important to living a healthy life. Family requires that you spend time with them else your relationships break down and you lose that safety net.
4) Healthy - it is important to me to be healthy (not overweight, not sedentary) so that I can make better use of my time, have more energy to devote to the things that I love, so that I can be a good steward of the physical body that I have been given. This involves regular exercise and eating as healthy as possible (part of this goes back to being green as well). I'd like to exercise for at least 30 minutes/day.
5) Education - it is important to be continually learning new things. This involves reading books, watching movies, listening to radio, etc. in order to further that education. I'd like to finish at least 1 educational book/month.
6.) Friendship - having gone through part of my life without significant friends, it is vitally important to me to have and maintain quality, life-long friendships with people other than my spouse and direct family. This involves regularly spending time with them, being able to help them when they need it, as well as being able to call on them when they need me.
7.) Ministry - I am called to be a minister. Whatever that happens to be, I need to be sure to not live out my life without doing some kingdom work. right now, it is looking like my ministries fall into two categories: green and spanish, my two favorite subjects.

Not on this list is web surfing, which I plan on letting go for lent this year. I spend entirely too much of my time doodling around on the net. It stops here. Hopefully, this will free me up a little bit more to do the things I want to do.

Until next time :)

No comments: