5.21.2006

Updates

We still haven't seen the actual package for what they are going to offer us to come up there. Jason told them we'd have a decision to them by Wednesday, but I was hoping we'd be able to get some dedicated time out this weekend to analyze and look at our options. It doesn't seem that will happen now. We don't have practice on Tuesday, but I think I might be having coffee with Merica then, so that kind of takes that out.

We did look at our mortgage yesterday and it is fully transferrable so long as the candidates are credit approved by the lender. I cannot believe that we are seriously considering moving. It just goes to show you that as soon as you think you are committing and settling down somewhere God has other ideas in mind. At least whichever way we decide, we will know that we are going to be a bit more permanent. No more of this well we never planned on staying here anyway stuff.

But I also want to say that I am very excited about the opportunities up in Rockford. This church is growing and they are actively seeking to engage their community. They WANT us to bring everything we have learned at Mosaic to help them reach their community better. They WANT us to bring fresh ideas to the table, new ways of doing things, new ways of talking about God and life as a Jesus-lover. Moving up to Rockford wouldn't be a bad thing. It really wouldn't. I'm pretty sure we would be well taken care of and loved.

But I will miss the family we have made here, the community, the friends, the sisters. We will still be involved as much as we can across the distance, especially since Mosaic is such a community online, that really shouldn't be too difficult. But I will miss the face-to-face, the coffee, the conversations, Panther City Coffee... I will miss Amy so much, I can't bear the thought of leaving her. I do know that we will still be friends and will probably work to see each other as much as possible... oh, I can't think about that right now.

1 comment:

InVitaVeritas said...

Well damn.

I mean, I think it's awesome that you two are getting the chance to spread a more (dare I say it) liberal (omfg I said it) stance on Christianity, and from what I can tell, this RVCC offer is just the ticket. Though, I understand that leaving everything you'll built up in TX suddenly would really be a downer. On a personal note, WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN YOU YET!
But I have to say, despite my personal reservations, that I think you guys should go where Christianity can most benefit from your ideals. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: you two see something in Christianity that many have lost sight of...a more pure form, closer to the teachings Jesus himself taught. To be completely honest, I think if I had been raised in church that followed your teachings, I might not have "strayed from the path" or whatever it is you want to dub my atheism.
I may not believe in a supreme being, but I DO believe in humanity, and at heart I think Christianity does as well. Someone needs to cut out the greed, the malice, and corruption...someone needs to take out the elements of Puritan foolishness and make Christianity what it was...well, before the Romans romanized it (sans martyrdoms). If you two CAN do, you should. Not just for Christians...not just for those who haven't been saved yet or whatever...but for all of us, whether images of a God or evolved primates. For humans. For life, love, and everything after.

Also: Giraffe.