5.02.2006

Books

I love books. I love reading. I find myself plagued by two completely different, yet equally dismaying facts:
1) I have little time to dedicate to hard-core reading
2) I seem to have a problem finishing books. I start them and am very excited about them, then my mind wanders and I move on to different books.

With that bit of context, there is a list of 100 books/CDs/movies that I have been keeping since the summer of 2005. Anytime I hear an interesting interview, come across a review that interests me, or do my own "related books" search on Amazon, each one of these items has been added for its very own reason. It seems that I have found myself with a raging book-buying addiction. At least, for the moment, I have contented myself with merely adding these books to a list instead of buying them. I would have to read 2 books/week in order to get through this list in a year. I definitely have a problem.

The cure? I think I need to visit my local library. Or at least, Half-Price books so I can be a bit "greener" with my book choices... but buying online is just so easy... *sigh*

So, until I find the time to head over to the library or half-price, I will just be happy adding more to my list.

No comments: